What To Do When Your Ultrasonic Humidifier Is Not Working
by Garrett Yamasaki on Jan 29, 2021
If you own an ultrasonic humidifier, you'll come across the term humidity often. This device is the type of humidifier that's efficient and soundless. Humidification means adding water into the air. For numerous people, the lack of proper humidity levels can trigger their allergies. In some cases, lack of humidity can take a toll on their health. Portable humidifiers are used to increased the moisture content in the air indoors. Many people use humidifiers for their everyday surroundings, such as office work, living room, or bedroom. A humidifier serves as an artificial check on air dryness, which can cause a lot of damage to property and harm our well-being and health.
There are various types of humidifiers, which can be used for many different positive reasons. For instance, you can find a steam vaporizer, an evaporative humidifier, and impellers. While your humidifier might seem like it's broken, countless different reasons could cause this. In this guide, "What To Do When Your Ultrasonic Humidifier Is Not Working," we'll cover the possible reasons for the malfunctioning of your device and the ways you can prevent the issue from reoccurring again.
An ultrasonic humidifier is a device that includes a water tank to create water droplets and a diaphragm that produces ultrasonic vibrations. The diaphragm vibrates at a frequency that cannot be heard by the human ear, which is another reason how this device got its name. The diaphragm's vibration forces out water droplets into the air, otherwise known as mist. The ultrasonic humidifier is also known as a cool-mist humidifier because it doesn't have any heating elements to produce warm mist. Ultrasonic humidifiers aren't like the traditional kinds that heat water or uses some other form of expulsion on water inside the tank. Ultrasonic humidifiers are safer to use because there are no risks of being exposed to hot water, with another benefit of consuming less electricity.
Why Is My Ultrasonic Humidifier Not Working?
As mentioned earlier, the cause of your device not working has multiple possibilities and reasons. If it's not working anymore, it's likely one of the factors listed above that could've caused the ultrasonic humidifier not to work. Generally, when humidifier owners ask and discuss their devices, the answer comes down to them not working correctly.
Whatever the case may be, common issues for the malfunctioning of these ultrasonic humidifiers can be:
- Blocked Diaphragm: The issue of a blocked diaphragm occurs when an ultrasonic humidifier isn't cleaned. For long-term users, not cleaning their devices can lead to the vibrating membrane being clogged by dirt or other substances. These substances can be insects that could've accessed the inside of the humidifier. Numerous substances are possibly blocking the vibrating membrane. In this situation, your device will produce less mist.
- Not Set Properly: There is also a chance that your device isn't correctly set up. If you skimmed through the manufacturer's instructions, it's best to return to the first page and thoroughly read it. Instructions will be completely different depending on the brand you have. Most instruction manuals will likely provide similar set-up instructions. If you didn't set up your device correctly, there's a chance that it's malfunctioning because of it.
- Defected Device: The last possible reason for your ultrasonic humidifier to not work could be that you purchased a broken device. If the first two issues don't sound familiar to you, your best move is to contact your product provider. Depending on the product manufacturer, most ultrasonic humidifiers offer a warranty for malfunctioning devices. If your product provides a warranty, you can request a refund or have your ultrasonic humidifier replaced.
Related: How Do Portable Humidifiers Work?
What To Do When Your Ultrasonic Humidifier Is Not Working
While ultrasonic humidifiers carry numerous benefits for your surroundings, there's a slight chance that you probably stumbled across an issue with the device. If your ultrasonic humidifier isn't working, it's likely due to the vessel responsible for expelling water. Whatever the case may be in this scenario, here's what to do when your ultrasonic humidifier is not working.
Make sure you understand how an ultrasonic humidifier works. If your device comes with a manual guide book, then double-check to see if you're missing crucial information. In case you didn't know, the ultrasonic humidifier uses a membrane that creates pressure in the tank to release water droplets that come out as vapor.
Remember to examine and look around your humidifier to ensure that the indicator light (often green) is on. You should also check if there is enough water in the tank without any potential water leakage. If you've gone through all of these steps and your humidifier still doesn't work, then another possible issue is a blocked diaphragm.
You should remove the water tank and switch the power on for your humidifier. If you discover tiny droplets of water bubbling with fog above the surface, then the problem is likely with the vapor outlets. If that's the case, make sure that you clean your water reservoir and filter out unnecessary particles and mineral dust to help the vapor/mist release into your surroundings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What's the best way to take proper care of my ultrasonic humidifier?
- A: You can take care of your humidifier by cleaning your water reservoir tank. Wipe around your humidifier with a soft cloth. Make sure to drain water beforehand to prevent any unnecessary spills.
Q: What are the benefits of an ultrasonic humidifier?
- A: This applies to all types of humidifiers. A humidifier in your office space or home can help reduce the risks of bloody noses, dryness of the lungs, common cold, dry sinuses, and many more.
Q: Are ultrasonic humidifiers safe for children and babies?
- A: Yes, ultrasonic humidifiers are child safety. There isn't any heating element that can cause burns. Whether your child has a stuffy nose or dealing with the flu, humidifiers can help their nasal passages.
Conclusion For " What To Do When Your Ultrasonic Humidifier Is Not Working"
Read your manual's guide and follow its regular cleaning instructions thoroughly to prevent any potential damage to your ultrasonic humidifier. If you're struggling to clean your humidifier because of the design's intricateness, there are several videos on YouTube to help you ease the process.
While there are countless reasons why your humidifier isn't working, keep in mind that it's likely that your device could be broken without any possible ways for repair. If you're in this situation, your best choice is to purchase a new humidifier device or continue your journey on locating repairers.
In the end, the benefits of owning an ultrasonic humidifier outweigh everything else. After all, owning a humidifier protects your health, sleep, dry skin reduction, and overall well-being. A broken ultrasonic humidifier won't reduce the benefits it provides, and purchasing a new one will remain the same. If you went through every scenario and can't find a solution, buying a new one would probably be a better idea.
Hey Dewy was featured on: