Top 5 Benefits of Humidifiers
by Garrett Yamasaki on Jun 07, 2021
As we’ve discussed, dry air does us no good. A humidifier can help you combat dryness conveniently – wherever is necessary. Here are all the relevant ways a humidifier can improve your life:
1 - Buh bye dry skin. Hello dewy & radiant.
- You’re probably aware of what immense, irreplaceable value vibrant skin brings for women & men. It’s never too late to treat your skin right, and set it up to maintain your youthful glow. Dry skin looks & acts older showing unwanted lines & wrinkles. The main culprit behind aging skin lies cold, dry air and the resulting lack of moisture. Same goes for dull and flaky skin. Hydrating your skin is such an important part of maintaining radiant, healthy, dewy skin.
2 - Moist air is crucial for more than just beauty concerns. Your sinuses, too, suffer when winter air brings dryness -- also lowering your resistance to bacteria and viruses.
- When ridden with a cold, flu or a sinus infection, you better nurse your nasal passages under moist air. You will not only heal faster, but also cough and sneeze less. Humidity helps loosen congestion, lubricate nasal passages, and breathe more easily. Even allergies or asthma symptoms alleviate in moist environments.
- Do you ever feel like there are so many germs & pollutants floating around in the office? Humidifiers help keep the cilium in our nose healthy & effective. These microscopic strands in our nasal cavity act as our first line of defense against dust, dander, mold, and many illnesses. When the air you breathe is dry, the cilia is unable to do their job as effectively as it should. Protect yourself in the office.
3 - Now, away from the human body; humidity concerns more than just us humans.
- Does your home have timeless pieces of wooden furniture and decor? Since dry air can damage wood furnishings, split and crack wooden surfaces and cause mold, a humidifier lets you maintain your snazzy belongings. If you have houseplants, they too, are likely to suffer in dry, winter air.
4 - Moreover, your monthly expenses can be affected.
- Did you know that moist air feels warmer than dry air? That’s why your wintertime heating bills can be reduced with more moisture in the air. Speaking of wintertime struggles, you may have noticed the static electricity shocks that occur more often when it’s cold. Again, dryness is the culprit.
5 - Do you hear what I hear?
- Do you snore? Or worse -- have a partner who does? Surprisingly, there are solutions. Because we are more likely to snore with dry sinuses and throats, moisture grants us greater overnight comfort -- improving our sleep and possibly eliminating those snores. Without dry air getting to your vocal cords, you won’t even wake up with a growly voice in the morning.
Depending on the climate of your location, you may even benefit from using a humidifier all year-round. Now that we’ve explored the benefits of using a humidifier, we can’t see a reason why you wouldn’t get one.